Ok so this is a serious topic for me. These past 2 weeks and especially this last weekend have been a weak point in my spiritual and emotional walk with God. I have been ignoring God and disobeying him...turns out this isn't so cool. Things started falling apart in my life and I couldn't understand why...but I figured it out after finishing a box of tissues and deep soul searching. A very good friend of mine encouraged me to read Romans 7:14-25.
"We know that the law is spiritual;but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do. For what I wnat to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do;no, the evil I do not want to do-this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work int eh members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wrethced man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God-through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself in my mind am a slave to God's law; but in teh sinful nature a slave to the law of sin."
This pretty much describes exactly how I felt, I couldn't have expressed it more accurately myself. its then that I realsied that if what im feeling is written in the Bible then there is hope for me and everyone yet. I realsied that if I am to be free from my sins forever, I have got to let God take total control over my life and body. Tempation plays a huge role in our lives today and all I can say is that God will never let you go thorugh anything you cannot handle, he always provides a way out and is with you each and every second to help you, to be your light and Saviour!
Just to say a very big thank you to my close friends (you know who you are) for all helping me and loving me, you have no idea how I appreciated it!
Let me know what your thoughts on temptaion are....
"I can do anything through Christ who gives me strength" Philippians 4:13
God bless
1 comment:
Hey my lump of sunshine!
Wow...you hit the nail right on the head hey! One wonders why we face temptation and sin and more importantly....why we always want to go back to our old ways and keep on sinning! Maybe its because deep down we enjoy being a rebel....but one thing i know....practising sin tears you away from God and and does nothing for your spiritual relationship with him!
The Bible says we cannot have one foot in the world and one foot in God....we either dedicate our entire lives to him or we don't...he does not want us to be luke warm! Quite a hard verse for me to swallow but in the end its entirely true. We will get no where in life if we keep on falling back to our old ways.
Ash...your life is so bright with possibility....relinquish the past and head for the future....its our choice....we can decide what we want to do with our life and i have decided to accept God in my life and live for him more. If God is for you...who can be against you!!!!! How awesome is that hey!!!!
Mwah
Gareth
Post a Comment