Wednesday, August 20, 2008

91 and still a spring chicken!

Yesterday was my great grans 91st birthday!Now I don't know about you, but 91 years of life sounds like eternity...dam me thats a long time to have been breathing for. She has had an incredible and adventurous life, wow I have listened to her many stories of her life experiences, what an amazing women! She is so close to my heart, always there 4 me in troubled times, always giving even though she doesn't have much herself. It was just awesome to spend teh entire day with her. Laughs and suprises filled the lunch table and lots of wine went down very well with her. I'm truly grateful to have such a wonderful, inspiring women in my life. She is not what you would expect from an average 91 year old, she's anything but average let me asure you of that, she's extraoridnary, unique in everyway. She has taught me so much about life and she was the one who taught me how to speak, understand and write Afrikaans and for that I will be eternally grateful. Thank you for being the best Great Granny i could ever have hoped ofr. Happy Birthday Oumie!

A Grandma Is…
A grandma is someone
Who’s dear in every way.
Her smile is like the sunshine
That brightens each new day.
A grandma is someone
Who plays a special part
In all the treasured memories
We hold within our heart.

No comments: