Monday, August 4, 2008

Am@zInGnë$s...

Ok so I don't know about you guys but I had the most AWESOME weekend....God is just amazing! I had such fun spending time with friends which is so important, I think.

Last night in particular made my weekend so awesome. Philip's sermon was just fantastic, althouhg I felt like a target board and what he preached on was being fired at me...it really convicted me and I am really going to make the effort to make a change. It was just awesome to see how after I had taken in what Philip had said how rejuvinated I felt with God's spirit as I haven't been feeling that great about life and God in general over the past week. I was left standing in awe last night as I realised just how great God is and how I am so lucky and privillaged to be surrounded by his creation every second of my existence.

This was the reading behind the sermon... Colossians 3:1-11

"Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. Set your minds on things above, not on earthly things. For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory. Put to death, therefore, whatever belongs to your earthly nature: sexual immorality, impurity, lust, evil desires and greed, which is idolatry. Because of these, the wrath of God is coming. You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander and filthy language from your lips. Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. Here there is no Greek or Jew, circumcised or uncircumcised, barbarian, Scythian, slave or free, but Christ is all, and is in all."

So this week go out there, be filled with God's love and share the Good News! Have a great week

God bless

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

No comments: