Tuesday, August 12, 2008

R@gë...

Hi punks of the world...so today i'm making a public recognition that I have an anger/rage problem. I knew I had an issue with rage esp when im behind the steering wheel but never knew it was serious until last night when my best friend pointed things out to me....I was really hurt at first but then as we spoke more, I fully understood where she was coming from and it upset me so much that I was aloowing my anger to control me and my relationships. So i have decided to try and calm down and get my anger under control. So the reason why I am telling you all is that I need to be held accountable, so i'm asking you all to be my accountability partners. For those of you who interact with me on a regular basis, please let me know when I get out of hand and "loose it" as I really want to improve on this area of my life so I can help others. I found some cool qoutes about anger that were really inspiring...take a look:

He who angers you conquers you. ~Elizabeth Kenny

For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness. ~Author Unknown

Anger is one letter short of danger. ~Author Unknown

Resentment is like taking poison and waiting for the other person to die. ~Malachy McCourt

Consider how much more you often suffer from your anger and grief, than from those very things for which you are angry and grieved. ~Marcus Antonius

I also would like to apologise to those people who I have hurt or disappointed due to my anger.
Today is a fresh start to a relatively calmer life, I know that anger is part of human emotions but there are ways to express it without it being destructive.

Hope you all have a god filled day!

No comments: